Who is ROZ?
Roz Jones, Fit Lifestyle Innovator, is a dynamic and influential force of energy and enthusiasm. Her zest for life and effervescent personality is inspirational to the Houston community.
Her early experience in the healthcare field as a young woman impressed upon Roz the value and more so the need for people to maintain their health proactively. Knowing that people want to be fit and healthy is only part of the challenge, making fitness accessible is the solution.
Roz has a community of fitness followers and experts alike that look to her for insights and her experience as a leader.
As a seasoned fitness and professional Roz has the credentials and extensive experience that is widely recognized and respected in the elite fitness community.
Her personal inspiration is to help others achieve their own potential. Her take charge attitude and leadership by example endears her and earns the respect of Houston’s fitness social sphere.
“Roz help me get my life back on track through her uniquely positive and insightful training techniques.”
– Sara O’connor, River Oaks, Houston
What ROZ does?
Leading, teaching and motivating those who are seeking their own personal best, Roz has the innate ability to reach each individual on their own level of understanding.
Her inclusive “community” is a loyal group of students and clients who have benefited and grown their own personal “best” under the tutelage of Roz.
Are you reaching your potential? If so, congratulations! But if you’re like most of us, you too can increase your effectiveness; energy and joy for life . . . just call Roz.
Among the numerous certifications and degrees Roz holds a Master’s Degree from the University of Texas in Kinesiology. An inquisitive person by nature, Roz has an insatiable curiosity that drives her to continually stay up to date. She has incredible insight on all of the latest and the greatest trends and happenings in the fitness scene. This in depth knowledge is apparent in each session, class or presentation she makes.
As a fitness competitor and model Roz gained gained a grasp on the realities of the competitive circuit as compared to a typical fitness routine. Her discipline and dedication pushes her to not only coach her clients but to be the real life example for them.
Persistent, consistent and overwhelmingly enthusiastic, Roz derives joy from empowering and motivating others.
Fitness is not just a science but a delicate balance of art and creativity as well. Roz has perfected that balance and can take a total beginner to a level that they couldn’t envision for themselves.
“I Change Lives, proactively” Roz proclaims and rightly so. Her resume is both extensive and impressive with credentials including certifications from the American College of Sports Medicine as a Certified Personal Trainer. River Oaks Country Club and Fit Athletic Spin and Strength Instructor, Brian O’Neill’s Racing Team strength training coach and is also Certified Les Mills BodyPump Instructor, to mention a few.
Always giving back Roz is an active Rodeo Committee Member (D&A Team 15), member of Trees for Houston and Houston Young Professionals Chamber. Roz makes a difference in the community and is a beacon of ambition.
– 200 hour Registered Yoga Teacher from BIG Yoga Houston (2015-Present)
– IndoRow and Shockwave Certified Instructor (2014-Present)
– American College of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer (June 2011-Present)
– American Fitness and Aerobics Association Certified Personal Trainer (2005-2010)
– American Heart Association CPR and First Aid Certified (2012-Present)
– SCW Outdoor Boot Camp Instructor Certified (August 2011-Present)
– Les Mills BodyPump (December 2010-Present)
– American Council on Exercise Continuing Education Provider (2009-2012)
– American Council on Exercise University Curriculum Instructor for Group Exercise and Personal Training (2009-2012)
– PiYo-Pilates Yoga Fusion (2008-2012)
– Mad Dog Spinning (2007–Present)
– Powder Blue Productions TurboKick (2005-2010)
– American Fitness and Aerobics Association Primary Group Exercise Certified (2006-2009)
Awards, Accolades, and other Media Exposure
– Top Rated Camp Gladiator Trainer “60-Minutes of Amazing Award” (2014)
– Culture Map “Most Eligible Bachelorettes” (July 2013)
– Culture Map “American Gladiators Turn Into Workout Craze” (April 2012)
– MTV’s Breaking From Above Fitness Expert (aired in London on MTV International then TeenNick)
– Houston Chronicle “Get In Shape-Gladiator Style” July 2011
– Fit Family Expo “ Awesome Abs Presentation” (April 2014)
– TexFit Presenter “Boot Camp Instruction” (March 2014)
– Dress For Success Presenter “Goals 360” (February 2014)
– Let’s Move Initiative-Coach (July 2013)
– Back to Basics: Class Programming for New Trainers (Camp Gladiator National Mtg – Dec. 2014)
– Paradigms and Pro-activity: “Be a Pro” (UC-Davis Student Development – Fall 2009)
– Cycle Savvy (Tex-Fit Conference – Spring 2009)
– Cycle and Sculpt (UT-Austin Staff Training/ACE CEC – Spring 2009)
– Cycle and Sculpt (Tex-Fit Conference – Spring 2008)
– Minute-Made Boot Camp (UT-Austin Staff Training – Spring 2009)
– Strength Training 101 (UT-Austin Staff Training – Fall 2008)
– No Equipment Necessary (UT-Austin Staff Training – Fall 2008)