Chili That Let’s You Chill!
Nothing like recipe that let’s you throw all the ingredients in one pot and chill while the seasonings and flavors mesh to tasty goodness. This recipe can be made vegan just by omitting the ground turkey. And to add more allure, this freezes well and awesome to pull out the freezer when you don’t feel like cooking.
- OPTIONAL: 1.5lb Ground Turkey (Obviously if vegetarian, skip this)
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 1 medium Red Bell Pepper
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2-4 tsp Chilli Powder
- 2 (15oz) Cans of Black Beans (Rinsed)
- 28oz can plum tomatoes or 4-5 tomatoes roasted and chopped w/juice
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 Cup no-sodium low fat chicken stock or water
- OPTIONAL: 1 Jalapeno seeded & chopped
- OPTIONAL: 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
HOW TO MAKE THIS MAGIC
- Heat olive oil and cook ground turley. Add 1/2 onion, and half of garlic, salt and pepper and let cook for 5-7 minutes or until done.
- In crock pot add all ingredients including ground turkey.
- Cook on low for 4 hours. Turn off and let settle for 1 hour.
- Serve up and enjoy.