FUEL | Honey Glazed Beets & Brussels
Taking a solid go at this seasonal eating although strawberries year around seems tasty! I digress, but thanks to my local food market in Midtown for keeping me accountable and supporting local! Now what’s a girl to do when she’s never cooked beats, Pinterest the heck out of some recipes and this recipe my friends was a total success! And while I was
at it, checked a first off the list, roasting beets!!
- 2lbs Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 small beets roasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts choppeD
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese crumbles
HOW TO MAKE THE MAGIC
In a large sauté pan, heat oil to medium heat.
Add the Brussels sprouts & cook cut-side down for 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown.
Add the garlic and water and cook 3 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
Place a cover over the Brussels sprouts and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until they have reached desired “done-ness.”
Add the chopped beets and heat just until the beets are hot (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add honey and walnuts
Transfer to a serving dish. Add the gorgonzola cheese crumbles and chopped walnuts. Toss everything together and serve.
HOW TO ROAST BEETS
- Clean beats, and cut off outer skin
- Chop beet into small 1-2in chunks
- Place in foil and pour a little water and oil over to coat the beets
- Seal foil creating a steam pouch and bake in oven on 375 for 45min or until tender
VOILA!!! Muy Delicioso!!!